- Create a web site that meets the needs of both prospective and current patients, and keep it updated. Make sure the content is clear, concise, relevant, timely and informative. Keep the design simple, clean, mobile-friendly and easy to navigate. Be sure to personalize the site for your practice and reflect what makes you different and the unique benefits you provide to patients and referral sources.
- Establish a Google location page for each of your offices. This enhances your web presence and can drive traffic to your web site and practice. It also ensures that your practice shows up on Google maps and searches.
- Develop and maintain a blog. Include a blog on your web site and regularly post articles with quality content (aim to post at least once a month). This can include practice news as well as timely health and wellness information relative to your practice and speciality. You can also feature individual physicians and offices to help patients get to know them better. A quality blog positions your practice as a valued resource. It also keeps your web content fresh, boosting your search engine performance. In addition, you can share links to your blog articles on your social media channels (see below), driving additional traffic to your web site. Blog articles can also be pulled together into an e-newsletter that can be sent directly to patients, enhancing communication and strengthening patient satisfaction and relationships.
- Engage in social media. Set up Facebook and LinkedIn pages for your practice and commit to posting updates. As mentioned before, posting blog articles is a great way to stay connected. You can also share posts about positive online reviews as well as fun photos of your team participating in holiday office events or community outreach. This helps to humanize your practice.
- Monitor and respond appropriately to online reviews. Patients are increasingly turning to these sites to research and gather information before choosing a healthcare provider. Ensure your practice and physicians have updated profiles on key review sites such as Healthgrades. Patients also leave reviews on Google and Facebook. Make sure you are monitoring these reviews and responding to them in a timely and appropriate manner.
Need help with any of these? Feel free to contact us.