Want to build your practice and attract more referrals?
Then start by making more friends. And I don’t just mean numbers of contacts. I mean quality, individual relationships.
Whether it be fellow physicians, other healthcare professionals, business executives or community leaders, look for ways to engage and help each other.
- Welcome newcomers to your neighborhood and be a resource for them.
- Get out there. Become involved in something outside your practice. It can be a community organization or event, a school, a chamber of commerce, a professional organization, a church, or a hospital committee or leadership opportunity.
- Stay connected with your “referral” friends whether it be texts, the occasional handwritten note card, a monthly coffee, or a community event.
- Express gratitude and do it in a personal and meaningful way.
- Recognize others for their accomplishments whether it be an award, certification or addition to their organization.
Just like the best friendships, referral development is a two-way street.