So many people and businesses jump into social media because it is the latest craze. However, like most things, that is NOT a reason to do it. There are however, many valid reasons:
- Are you trying to increase overall brand awareness?
- Do you want to build or strengthen loyalty/retention with current patients/customers?
- Are you trying to generate buzz about something new?
- Do you have a product or service you want to sell?
- Are you trying to cross-market services to your existing customer base?
Your reason(s) will dictate how you engage and what you say. And don’t forget, like any marketing tactic, social media MUST be part of a bigger strategy. Set realistic goals and timelines for what you hope to achieve. And don’t forget to determine how you are going to define and measure “success.”